Captured Light Stained Glass Studio

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kanji! SO VERY EXCITED about this one!

Ok, so I've been dying to try some common Japanese characters just to see how they'd turn out. Well, it definitely came out better than I expected. Take a look...



Looks pretty droll, doesn't it?

Now, here's where the magic comes into play:



The symbol is Japanese kanji, and represents the word "eat".  The colors are absolutely PERFECT for this medium. I'm not even sure I want to sell it now, I'm thinking it might go perfectly in my own kitchen window!

Can't quite finish this piece yet because we're short on zinc came, will have to wait until payday so we can procure more supplies.  Next piece is the kanji symbol for "family", and it look like this:



so we'll see how that one looks tomorrow once I get it foiled and put together.

Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment