Captured Light Stained Glass Studio

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Our first listing! Yay!

Here it is, without further adieu...

One Bad Apple  <<-----click here for the Etsy link!


This piece is one of many is a series of pieces that I started out on as a beginner in the stained glass arena. Kim (my friend, teacher, and the owner/operator/other half of the operation!) had this massive old box of glass samplers that she'd had for years. She'd contemplated doing something with them someday, but they're all this really odd size, approx 2x3 inches, and very few of them were exactly the same size. They were all divided up by type and texture, and I sat and petted them for quite a bit (yes, it's what I do...you should see me at the fabric store, I could camp out in there for days!).

So the squeaky wheels started a crankin...

How about if we divide these up into color families and cut them up into uniform pieces, like an inch and a half? Seemed like a good plan to me. So I commenced to sorting color families, cutting and grinding, foiling and soldering, etc. Lather, rinse repeat...

And thus, the patchwork transom panels were born.

The piece pictured above represents probably about the 8th or 9th panel I've created. All the others have sold...three of them being another red/pink panel, a summery orange/yellow/green piece I just finished about a week ago, and a blue/purpley panel that was left over from last year's batch that didn't sell. I've created about 4 of the purpley panels, a seagreen/light blue one, a black and white one, and the ones that sold.

I have enough Bullseye glass to make probably about 3 or 4 more of them, and Kim broke out the rest of her sampler boxes from other companies (Kokomo, Spectrum, etc) she'd had stashed away that I didn't know about. So yeah. If these take off like I want them to, I'll be making these for several more months to come.

Stay tuned for more pieces coming up! Same bat time, same bat channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment